January 9th, 2015 5:18pm
A weekly(-ish) roundup of what what’s new or newsworthy with us, our clients, our partners and friends. Mostly professional, some personal – with a focus on the positive.
Welcome Back and Happy New Year! Kick-back, take five and enjoy our 2015 Predictions Edition.
1. Social enterprise and social change take center stage in Colorado this year. Between Colorado Impact Day this fall, the Social Enterprise Alliance Summit in Denver, new businesses launching through the Colorado Nonprofit Social Enterprise Exchange, and a slew of other exciting projects and initiatives, this will be a good year for doing good!
2. Innovative and creative sources of capital. Nonprofits, foundations, philanthropists and investors will continue to leverage long-standing investment vehicles (PRIs and the like) and further develop newer options (crowdfunding, Direct Public Offerings, etc.) to drive capital into the impact market.
3. Sustainability plans continue to rise in popularity. Why not combine strategy, business modeling and business planning into one seamless tool? This previously slow-to-warm trend in the nonprofit sector really heats up in 2015.
4. Longmont, Colorado steps out of the shadows. Staking claim to its tech, entrepreneurial, arts and maker-friendly roots, Longmont’s blazing fast one gigabit municipal service literally lays the groundwork for TinkerMill, Launch Longmont, Startup Longmont, Arts Longmont and many other innovative initiatives to expand efforts and experience the success – and recognition – they deserve!
5. Vacation. Here’s to taking some. Rick and Caryn already have one on the books. May this be your year to vacation early and often. (Keep us posted on your plans and travels!)
View / Add Comment | 0 Comment(s) | Rating: 0 of 5 | Share: Twitter, Facebook, Google +